Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 2, 2013

Anyways this week was good! I got my new companion and he is a really really really big Fijian. He eats half a loaf of bread each day and ... yeah ... it has been really worrying for me cause I don't want to pay for extra food haha. Anyways He is really nice but he is a brute. He knocks things over ... man yeah he is such an islander! Anyways our area has been ok. We have spent a lot of time this week getting to know the members in our area so that we could start hopefully getting some referrals. Not too much success. But, we got 2 referrals from less actives... so that was good! Less active referrals are always good. Anyways ... yeah getting a those referrals are like a great answer to my prayers we seem to be missing a teaching pool now a days. So hopefully we will work hard and  turn that right around! Besides that we had an incredible Sunday. I had 15 Less Active members show up to church. I was so happy to see them all! It is seriously like .. the best thing when members come to church and especially less actives. When I got to this ward we were only hitting average 80 members, and now we hit 130 last Sunday. So I am pretty stoked I hope things keep going this way. The ward has seemed really excited and so has our Bishopric. So I am expecting good things. Anyways yeah it is stressful training but I like my trainee. He has a way sincere testimony and I love his attitude. He is a testimony to me that missionary work is true. He has only been baptized for about a year, and he is now on a mission. He has tattoos, but they just are small scars from his life before his baptism. I know this work is true. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints changes lives for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment