Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 8, 2013

This area is really kicking my butt! We have had so many things just going crazy and because of how crowded the area is we get lost all the time. We only teach women so we need someone to work with us, but nobody in the ward is really willing to work with us. We were lucky this week because we saw our hard work met with miracles. We had someone work with us everyday this week except one. It was the same person... we basically forced him to work, but he worked and we got our lessons in. This area has been in a drought for investigators but we were able to find 3 new investigators this week. Some which seem to be way willing to listen. This whole week I have wondered how I will ever make it till the next day.Yet as I look back I see the tender mercies of the Lord. This area has been hard, but it is going and I am happy to do the Lord's work. I seems that through life we all have to face trials and adversities before blessings rain upon us. I am beginning to understand Godly Sorrow more and more and I go through my mission. I see many members here whose circumstances and trials have thrown them to rock bottom .. only to be left there because their faith wasn't holding up against the world. These are the people I teach those who have lost their way. I hear their testimonies, no problems with the church, they know it is true. But they just can't go back anymore because of things they've done or problems in their lives. I think about how close they are to exaltation and how close they are to receiving everything if they will only climb back up through that empty hole and partake of life. Life which is, Jesus Christ. I want to just leave my testimony that I know this Church is true. If we will all just accept Christ and his Gospel and follow that we will obtain eternal life! We need to endure and go on. Hardships and trials come, but blessings follow after if we are faithful, if we are worthy. I know God loves us and that Jesus is our savior and I want to leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment