Monday, December 2, 2013

November 27, 2013

I got transferred to Caloocan! It is the city in my mission. It is really dirty, it smells bad and man it is different. My new companion is Elder Ontoria a Filipino.We are also opening this area and we are having a lot of trouble. We have no updated teaching records, we barely have any addresses, and we have no investigators. We are literally starting from scratch! Man we taught nobody. But I am hopeful that things will go good. This area has faced some hard times and I think we are here to fix it. Anyways, the last Elder's didn't leave us much hope with the ward either. We didn't receive the warmest welcome on Sunday. So we have a lot ahead of us. I had an experience though that I would like to share. We have been fairly new to the area and we were pointed out some places of members and stuff. Yesterday as I was walking I had this feeling to go through this alley, I had been to the house once and we just stopped by for 3 seconds. We weren't sure who, but when we got to the house, nobody seemed to be home. We finally tried one last time and some of the youth opened the door to receive us. As we talked a sister showed up and asked us to give her son a blessing. It seemed that we were given this opportunity, not to find a member, but to also answer a members desire to receive a priesthood blessing for her son. I just want to bear my testimony again that our Father in Heaven does hear our prayers and he does answer them. Prayer is powerful and he answered mine, and maybe the member we were able to help. I know these things are true and I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment