Monday, November 4, 2013

October 21, 2013

This week has been a hard week. We had meetings and other interruptions I feel like my area really suffered. Anyways, this week was kind of a bummer. I really wanted to see some of my investigators get baptized before I leave this area. Yesterday on Sunday I was expecting really good attendance, it was a beautiful day and it just felt like today was gonna be a good day. Sadly, none of my investigators showed up and they all fell from their baptismal dates and the next one they can possibly make is after the transfer. I thought about this for a long while, thinking I was not doing something right or maybe I wasn't being a good missionary. Than I remembered something we learned earlier that week. Attitude is a choice. I decided God wasn't punishing me or saying I was a bad missionary. I think he want's me to work harder and do more than what I am already doing. I realized that because I have been in my area for so long I am starting to slack in my finding efforts, I am not opening my mouth and sharing to as much people as I used to. So I take this is a friendly wake up call to me. I am here to serve the Lord. I can't get comfortable with where I am, I need to do more and say more. "Where much is given, Much is required" Maybe this wasn't a very spiritual week. But I know that this Church is true. We must all take the Gospel to all nations. Right now as we speak the World has never seen such efforts. We have so many missionaries out, so let us all share it. The most precious thing we have which is the Gospel. I know that Christ lives and that God is our Father Heaven. I know that Joseph Smith is a True Prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that these things, these simple truths will guide us to the Gospel and to Everlasting life. Which is for everyone. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment