Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

Anyways this week has been a struggle we had our schedule all jumbled up because of our P-day and man things were just not going my way. But we have really been on the rescue this week and trying to make sure our Less Actives who have came to church continue coming to church. Our Less active lessons were going great we were really giving them the push and the tools they needed to really make that step to either come or to continue coming. We had a record of 12 Less Actives come to church with a record high in church attendance also. Man what a great Sunday. It could have been perfect, but sadly none of my investigators decided to come. So that was kind of sucky. Anyways this week we witnessed just how God prepares people in strange and mysterious ways. This week we have been just planning and thinking of ways we could find somebody. We have a member who is always looking to bring people to the gospel. His latest were two kids from his neighborhood ages 9 and 10. His plan is as we teach the kids, the parents will hear the message and their hearts will soften. His plan takes a lot of faith, and I figured why try to hinder a mans good efforts. By the way teaching kids and trying to baptize them is the perfect way to make a Less Active, so I try to avoid it, but I figure why not try it. As we continued asking brother to prepare the kids for us, he brought them to Church on Sunday. We talked to them, told them who we were, and to also tell their parents about us and the church. One of the boys went home to his mother, who was an inactive member who baptized into another church. When we found that out we were kind of skeptical. As I walked into her house, I was prepared that night, and so was she. We shared a message on the Restoration, she said she knew that was true, but she asked us that there is one God anyways so why does it matter? I just felt so sure, we simply shared how Christ established his Gospel and that there is only one, and if Joseph Smith truly is a true prophet than we must yield to that. She could not deny that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet, and something seemed to change in her. We left committing her to come to church, which she did. But Bro. Pono was saying something really interesting to me, he said her countenance has changed, as if she were a child or something. She seems more alive and it seems that Gospel is back in her life. I know that God prepared her for us. I know that we were put into her life so that we could help her. I hope that she will always continue and we will surely keep an eye on her. I know that God lives and Loves us. He is always looking out for us and in his own time we will all receive a chance to accept his Gospel. I know these things are true and I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment