Monday, November 4, 2013

October 29, 2013

This week has been a a fairly simple week. I have been in this area so long now that things start blending and I forget about what happens. This week though we have been working hard to get people to Church. After last weeks sad turn out I was determined to get people to Church. We spent a big portion of this week stopping by everyone and teaching about why the Sabbath day is important and how we can keep it. I learned a lot by sharing my experiences of when I was not a good keeper of the Sabbath day. I remember before my mission Sunday was just another day. But now I realize that God has given us an expectation, that we give him one day that we can remember his son Jesus Christ and his atonement, and to consecrate the day to him. Sometimes in our everyday lives it is easy to be carried away and forget about the Sabbath day. John Bytheway gave a talk saying that it used to be called the Holy Sabbath, than it turned into just the Sabbath, now it is just Sunday. I think as Latter Day Saints we can all doing something more to remember to keep the Sabbath Day Holy. Something that I taught my investigators was the importance of the Sacrament. As we take the bread and water it is important that we remember the Atonement and also our baptismal covenant. A simple thing that in 10 minutes you receive a renewal of our covenant and a cleansing from the week. How great is that. A cleansing in a sense. Anyways as I shared this message to people my testimony grew so much and I saw it change others. We had great attendance last week and we saw a lot of Less Actives make the change. If we remember why going to Church is important we will see that it become not a chore or a obstacle in our day, but a relief and necessity to our full week. I know that God lives and Jesus is our Savior. I know that This Church is True and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Anyways this week has been a long week. I started to jog .... haha well almost started jogging regularly... but I rolled my ankle on Monday. But I have lost 50 Pounds ... WHOOO HOOOO! Mission's are the best diets!

Halloween in the PHILIPPINES! AND MY COOL SUNLIGHT PIC!



No comments:

Post a Comment