Tuesday, December 2, 2014

October 14, 2014

We had a busy week. We had a zone training meeting, followed by our exchanges with the AP's, followed by exchanges with some of the trainees in our zone, followed general conference. Work in our area was a little bit of a struggle, but overall it was a spiritually uplifting week. I just want to remark on what a great conference we had. I think this conference was that of a call for overall change. I was really touched on how many messages seemed to call us to look inward, than to follow the master and his teachings, and than to truly live the gospel. I liked in Priesthood how Dieter F Ucthdorf related his talk to the study of how many people cannot judge themselves for who they truly are. I think we are too involved in the faults of others, do we truly look inside of ourselves. I was called to serious reflection on this matter. I also was inspired at how many of the talks were about how we need to live and keep the basics of the Gospel. The Gospel is simple, why do we make it seem so hard? Why do trials cause us to doubt what we know as fundamental truths. We need to renew our conversions and remember why we converted in the first place. I love this Gospel, I love how the atonement gives us the power to change. I love this church and I know it is Christs church here on this Earth. It's teaching when lived refines us and makes us more worthy and righteous until the day we are perfect and able to return to his presence. I know that we have a living prophet, and his apostles are guided by God. I know this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment