Tuesday, December 2, 2014

September 9, 2014

This week was really good. We had transfer announcements yesterday, I am transferring. to Meycauayan. I am also now a new ZONE LEADER! Whoah.. that was a suprise! Anyways.. I am so excited, my bestfriend and also batch mate Elder Asuro has family in that Ward. It is going to be SO FUN! My new companions name is a Philipino.. his name is Elder Barillas, we were in the same zone here in San Jose Del Monte two transfers ago! Crazy right?

Anyways the work side has been crazy fun. We have been doing this think called Unknown Address files, we just look for members who have no confirmed address... It is basically we just go house to house looking for these people... haha But we get a lot of tracting done. We met this new family! He didn't seem too interested or willing to talk to us. But as we were talking to some guy who was buying snacks at his snack shack, he started listening. We have shared him 2 messages now, and he has been way excited to listen. He ask really good questions too. He right now is way into prophets! haha So cool. Anyways.. I am leaving.. so I won't see where this goes. Anyways, another cool thing was this less active family, the Amphil family. We have been for 6 months pushing them, persuading them, teaching, and exhorting them to go to church. Last Sunday THEY CAME! I was so stoked! They are the coolest family. Very strong testimonies, they are the sweetest people, I still to this day don't know why they aren't more active! But they came. Anyways, our ward had 2 baptisms, one was a members son, and the other was from the sisters area, and our Less Active member we rescued Sister Quannie, she is the best. She brings referrals with her to church, and she brought another one to the baptism of her son!. She is truly hastening the work. This last week has been crazy good! I am so sad, I am leaving. I have had my ups and downs here, but 6 months makes you really attached to a place. I am sad to go, but I am also excited to go to my next area. SO CRAZY! MY LAST AREA AND COMPANION! Anyways, This truly is the Lords work. I testify of it and know that it is true. I have seen his hand, preparing the hearts of the children of men. The Amphil family has been slow, but the prepartion is there and I think this was a good start. We have our own efforts and the efforts of others really building the ward right now preparing for the blessings the lord has. It is an exciting time here in La Mesa Ward! I just want to say again I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and I leave it in his name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment