Monday, June 3, 2013

April 22, 2013

Alright this week was really sweet!! We finally got the Loyola's and Bro. Balosa baptized! Their baptisms were way awesome! Bro Balosa got baptized first and he is so old! I guess he didn't close his nose or mouth when he went down, he just covered his face, he came up coughing and stuff it was kind of sad. haha but than my Trainer, Elder Hibbert messed up and didn't dunk him all the way so he had to do that twice! Also than he Baptized Bro. Loyola and than I baptized Sister. Loyola. I was way nervous, but when I started the prayer I just felt calm and happy. I dunked her way deep so I wouldn't mess up haha and they were so happy when they were done! It was great! After they bore their testimonies. Bro. Rodolfo went first. Haha way powerful strong testimony. Sister on the other hand just talked about the missionaries ahah she was also way excited to talk on the mike. She was like screeching and yelling and the speakers were going to explode I swear haha! Man than Bro. Balosa didn't get to bear his testimony because the stake president forgot about him! But it was a great baptism and I was really happy that day! The next day on Sunday only Daniel Balosa showed up at first... We were way sad, but that Sister Loyola showed up way late, saying they couldn't find a babysitter so Bro. Loyola had to stay home. So understandable 2/3 confirmed! Funny story about the baby. He is a miracle baby! He was born the morning of their baptism, by the way it is the Loyola's daughters baby. She had her that morning at like 1and we went at like 9 in the morning to check up on them. They were way tired and told us about the baby. Well first off they live on a farm and don't sleep in their house just out on dirt. So she had the baby on the dirt... really suddenly.  Secondly it was coming out backwards so it should have probably died, but they said her daughter pushed it out way fast and it lived! ... Dirt and backwards... not ideal for a baby! But it is healthy boy! and they Named it after my trainer Elder Hibbert. haha new baby Hibbert! So weird. Anyways That was a great day, we had some weird experiences too that just shows me that God really is guiding people to us. First one was it was a really hot hard day. We had been punted from like 8 appointments straight and were aimlessly looking for people to teach or somewhere to go! It was hot and we finally decided to go get something to drink. Right next to the shop where we bought drinks some Less Active member came out and said Are you Missionaries? We said yeah , do you know us? She was a member before, got into some trouble, and now wants to comeback! We said, OF COURSE!! So we went and taught her and she was really awesome. She wants to find God again and her faith so we are helping her with that. Too bad she didn't come to Church though... Anyways another cool experience was that Elder Hibbert and I were way HOT!! we wanted ICE CREAM! So we went to the store to buy Ice Cream. After looking around for a while, we decided we wanted Doughnuts instead! haha So we walked over to the Doughnut store and the cashier lady was like, "What church are you?" We obviously told her all about it and gave her a Book of Mormon and a Pamphlet! It was awesome! We got her information and she said I would love to meet and learn more! Too bad she is not in our mission but, we got her information and now her hands are in the fate of someone else, but God lead us to her! It all was about changing our appetites. Haha Awesome week really! I know this Church is true and God is looking out for us! He has guided me and I saw it so clearly this week! Anyways man so many things so little time! Anyways The work is true and I can't wait for my fun times. This is the last day of this transfer and I finally am done TRAINING!! My trainer was great... Can't wait until tommorow when I meet my new one! Yeah life is good! haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment