Monday, June 3, 2013

May 22, 2013

So this last two weeks has been pretty good and not so good. I have been in this area for 3 transfers and it is hard for me to find real joy in teaching people I have been teaching for a while and there has been no progression. So that has been a struggle! But last week and this week has been sweet. I OYM'd a guy, or I talked to him on the street and he didn't seem interested. We have taught him 3 lessons and man was I wrong. His Uncle was a patriarch/pioneer member in the Philippines! He used to hear his Uncle share the Gospel a lot! After we taught him a couple of times, he is really interested and has been saying he wants to get baptized. So yesterday we invited him to get baptized. He said yes! I believe Joseph Smith is a true prophet and I want to be baptized! Man .... I feel so blessed I was able to be at the right place and the right time and just ask him to hear us out once! Anyways I probably won't get to see his baptism, but oh well I will see him in the Celestial Kingdom I bet! Anyways besides that, some sad news. One of my Less Actives I teach and have talked about a lot passed away yesterday. It was sad, because I was hoping to reactivate her before she passed on. But it didn't happen. I pray she will find a better life in the next, not burdened by her old age! Anyways this week has been a long and hard one. We have been working hard, but this area has been hard. We just can't seem to find anyone! So I am still praying and still working hard to find more people to teach. I just am not satisfied. Anyways I know this Gospel is true. I have had such a sweet experience just having the chance to recognize Heavenly Father's guidance in my life. Until next time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment