Monday, June 3, 2013

March 18, 2013

Well this week went really weird. I am not used to being punted for entire days, but I guess that is more normal than not. So it means my area is really good and I am really spoiled! Anyways, I finished my first transfer and I we lost our housemates, Elder Green and Elder Gainey! It made me and my trainer really sad!! But, it is ok because we got two new ones! Elder Bahian and Elder Dohrosan! Two Philipinos! They are way hard working, cool, and funny!! It was kind of weird at first when they showed up!! But I love them they are way sweet! Anyways this week like I said we just couldn't get our foot into the doors! People would punt us over and over again! So it was really frustrating. We haven't seen our investigator Jonlou in a while he disappeared. SO hopefully this next week we will see him! The Loyola couple and Bro Teddy are doing ok. We had a long talk with them this week and they really want to be baptized! We are helping them overcome their problems and they are progressing. We found them a guy who has a jeepne or like a bus thing. He takes anyone who comes to him to church!! So yeah I am excited!! They finally have a free way to come to church, and they made it this week!! Also Bro. Daniel Balosa has now attended church this week which makes it his 3rd time! So if he makes it next week he is going to be baptized on MARCH 30!! So we are so excited!! Anyways though that is the report of them! We have been looking for new investigator for a while and this week we had some successes now that I look back. First off, Bro. Balosa!! He is the man! 60 years old and he found us an investigator who is way open and ... almost seems like a golden!! We haven't taught him since, but that was a tender mercy from our week! Also we have been visiting a lot of old investigators and they have welcomed us back in and maybe we will find out soon why they were dropped, but I am excited to see if maybe we will be the ones to bring them into the fold! Also I had an interesting experience while looking in our area book. I found a name and I was like we should try her. We walked to another appointment and we taught and after we were walking back the way we came I saw a sign. Diamond street. It was sweet because we had a lot of addresses and for some reason I remembered that one. At that moment, sure we could say it was just coincidence, or I just have a good memory, but I remembered Diamond street. So I looked at my companion and I said, "dude we dont have any appointments right now lets try to contact that lady on diamond street" So my trainer pulled out the addresses just to double check if we had one on diamond street and sure enough. Diamond STREET! Man we knocked on the door and BAM!! SHE WAS THERE!!! We had a ward missionary with house so we could enter and teach her! She was way receptive, agreed with what we said about the first lesson! She was ready for us at that moment, and I can't sit here and think I wasn't guided to her house that day. I hope we get to teach her again, but I am not sure if we will because we tried again, and she was busy. SO hopefully next time. Anyways this week was hard, but I am working hard and making sure I am getting stuff done. We had a service project this week, it was fun. We moved dirt and it was super hard, but it was to build a flood guard for the people and so they will not be hit by the flood as hard! Anyways this Church is True! It changes lives! I know God lives, and loves us. I know Jesus is our Savior he loved us enough to atone for our sins, in order for us to return to live with God! I know the Book of Mormon is true! There is no way it is not! 








No comments:

Post a Comment