Monday, June 3, 2013

May 26, 2013

This week has been pretty good I guess. We have had a slow week because we had Temple P-Day and than we had Zone conference as well. Anyways this week though, we had some hard news. First off, one of our less actives, who we worked really hard for 3 transfers now to reactivate, passed away. It was something it was a bitter sweet moment I guess. She could barely walk, but she was able to. So we kept encouraging her to go to church. The ward didn't take our pleas of help for her very seriously because they had seen her walk places I guess. Anyways, in the end I decided it is better this way. I am sure she will make it to the Celestial Kingdom as long she keeps progressing towards it in the spirit world. Other than that, one of our new investigators that I was excited to teach moved away. His work accused him of stealing, and so he just quit his job and he left to go study abroad for 3 years. Man we got to teach him one last lesson though and it was the Restoration of the Gospel and I think it opened up a light in him. So hopefully he continues, but man it just means I have one less place to go. Oh well, I just have to keep moving on and working I guess. Anyways, the work here is slow, but progressing too. I had an experience yesterday though, teaching a part member family. The Seria family. The Dad was baptized but not confirmed, so he is not a member. The rest of the family has ... some issues, but also some really strong members too. Anyways, we taught them a lesson on baptism yesterday and how we need to remember that we need to be baptized, and stay active and partake of the sacrament. At the end I looked at all them and I felt overwhelmed with sadness for them. I told them, we need to be baptized. It is how we enter into a covenant with God, it is the gates to Eternal Life. I also told them that, your family can become an Eternal one, but we have to keep those covenants and obey the commandments. In the end I told them, I am so happy my family is sealed, and that we have the opportunity to become an Eternal family. I felt the spirit testify to me during that lesson that what I said was true. I know that God loves us, and he has given us such a wonderful blessing of Eternal Life with our families. I love that blessing. There is nothing more important than family, but we must all do our part. I know this Church is True. No other Church has the priesthood authority to bind and seal us on Earth. I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Well anyways fun stuff of the week... well kind of fun to think about, but not at the time. We helped like re-build/extend some guys house. It was tree house work if anything. But anyways we had the pleasure of hauling ... a lot of dirt from the nearby river to his house to mix in with the cement. Yeah it totally sucked, I feel like I am in some sort of 3rd world country humanitarian work. Well it pretty much is! haha Anyways that was fun, we didn't get to finish the house, but we did all the heavy lifting. Also one of the members went on a road trip and bought us all these sweet souvenirs! I got a native bag! It looks pretty sweet!! Also she got us like 20 key chains! haha Got to love the members! 

Some of the moments of our service and also our third world country baby who needs help infomercial video haha!







No comments:

Post a Comment