Monday, June 3, 2013

April 8, 2013

Alright! This week was great! We had a late P-day last week so not much really happened. Anyways I got the opportunity to go on an Exchange this last week. It was a nice experience to see how other people do it! I don't always agree with my Trainer and it is nice to know other people do it differently! So that was fun. My District Leader who went on an exchange with me was way cool. He gave me a nice quote and I really liked what he said. He said," Like a bamboo tree, the longer limbs move and make way for the smaller ones to grow and become larger than the one. So like that I want you to grow and become better than I was." I really liked that. Sometimes I feel like my trainer holds me back, so it was nice to know that my district leader had a different plan. He let me lead the area and basically do everything. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but man I got through the day. Language was the hard part, but besides that he said I am speaking well and I am doing better than he thought I would. That made me feel really good about myself. Usually when someone gives me a compliment Elder Hibbert says," It's because he has such a great trainer" Not true about the language ... haha great guy though. Anyways I had a really good day that day. Besides that the week was really good. We have finished all the lessons with a lot of our investigators and we have just been sharing spiritual insights to uplift them spiritually. It was rewarding too see all our investigators who had a baptismal date except one show up to church. On April 20th if all three of our investigators don't relapse with the word of wisdom it is going to be such a joyous day and I am excited! So I have been way happy. Anyways though besides that we have been working as usual. Doing our best to help people repent and come to the waters of baptism. Anyways I have done a lot of looking back, reading my journals from the mtc especially. It is weird to see how much I have grown already. My handwriting especially proves that. But I have realized I thought I had improved so much but really now I look back and I knew nothing. I read a quote in the book Our Heritage I really liked and it said, "It was an Honor and Privilege to have to Opportunity to become acquainted with God." Man that really hit me hard as I am here on the Mission. That is how I feel right now and I hope I will feel when I leave here. It has been such a sacrifice and it is hot and I am tired. Sometimes I sit there and wonder, will I make it tomorrow? I always do haha. Anyways I am glad to be here on the Mish and it has been my honor and privilege to become acquainted with God. I know this Church is True and I know I God lives and loves us. I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

 Anyways on that note I like to end with some humor. It seems like I broke a chair last week... and I was telling everyone about that well before I got onto the computer I broke the chair here in the computer shop.... man ... my self esteem just SHOT!! haha anyways here is the picture!!  

Anyways also the picture with the writing says "Forbidden to Pee here" And also we went back to Wawa dam!! took some sweet pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment