Monday, June 3, 2013

March 24, 2013

So my week has been kind of a long one but good one as well. We had so many meetings and we had to travel to so many places, that we didn't have much time to work, but my companion and I still know how to  do good work, we had a good week. Anyways Bro. Balosa, my super golden investigator, got interviewed this week for baptism. He is pretty old, so we were nervous he didn't understand a lot of the stuff so we spent the whole week reviewing with him. Turns out he was pretty good with all that stuff. The only problem was that because we were so nervous about doctrine stuff we forgot to follow up on other things! He drank coffee like a week ago he said! Ha dangit... we had to move his date haha!! It is ok we were happy to hear from our district leader that he is way willing and knows his stuff. Just needs to fix that one minor detail. Man what a great guy though. Anyways the Loyola group we have been working with made it to sacrament again this week. We got all our investigators to church! Elder Hibbert my companion and I are pretty nervous for them. Nanay Ester and Bro. Rodolfo have been being taught and have been given different baptismal dates for a year now!! Also we have caught Bro. Teddy smoking twice now, so hopefully this is the time they are really done and ready to change. In all honesty though I have seen these people grow so much from when I first got here to right now. They used to all never pray and if we made them do it haha it was really short and quiet. Now they pray loud and proud and willingly when  we ask them. Also they read the Book of Mormon probably more that I do! Haha we find them reading all the time! Also I think this last time, they will make it to their baptismal date!! Anyways I am praying hard for them, because I want to see them progress now! Anyways this week we have been working hard. It is so hot!! and I am just soaked after everyday from sweat. When it is not hot it is raining here and I get soak from sweat and rain!! haha I am just always wet. We have had a lot of rain this week and it rains like no other here. Like it literally floods the streets in a matter of like 5 minutes! Its crazy!! Anyways nothing really crazy or cool happened this week. We just had a nice successful week!! Hopefully we can keep going on like this! I love this work, and I love what I am doing. It is super hard and I still don't understand a word most people are saying, but I am progressing. I have seen what I am doing change the lives of others and I know this Gospel is True! Well to end this email just wanted to mark for my blog records, my Dog Happy passed away this last week! Man feels weird being away from that!! Anyways time to work and forget about that!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment