Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

It rains everyday here ... I am always wet... from rain, from sweat, from foreign drippings in weird places! Anyways We had a great week! I was able to baptize my investigator!! Her name is Analyn Sacoco and we worked with them for so long trying to get them married so they could get baptized. Than after that we had to teach her the doctrine really slowly because it was hard for her to remember and understand. She was a trooper though and she reads the Book of Mormon everyday! Anyways it was awesome! We Baptized her and her cousin on August 10. It was a very nice baptism and the spirit was felt! Anyways after that, Sunday. We had an awesome Sunday. They thankfully showed up to church on time and received the Holy Ghost! Now it is onward to temple prep and sealing! I am so excited for them. Also we had so many good fortunes! We had our other 2 progressing investigators show up. Sister Amee showed up with all her kids, she is an awesome investigator. She moved in with one of our families and one day we just showed up and said, "Can we teach?" and she just sat down and listened. She believes everything we have taught her too. Her husband works abroad and she doesn't want to get baptized without his permission. So ... that will be an interesting challenge depending on what kind of person her husband is. So I am praying for miracles there. Also we had our part member family, the Livelo's, show up again. I was nervous they were not going to come again, because it took us 3 weeks to get them to come once. But they showed up and even attended classes afterwards! So we were way excited when they showed up! Sister Lyka has a baptismal date for Sep. 21 so hopefully they continue in this. Last, I consider this one of the greatest blessings of my mission, was the Esuesta family. We have gone so many times to his house and taught him about building our testimony and than overcoming our obstacles to come to church. He has been telling us over and over that he really wants to return, but things keep holding him back. We went once to his house this week and just shared a simple message about renewing our covenants and how important covenants are. I have no idea what changed him, and his wife especially, but they all showed up an hour early to Church!! When I saw them... my mouth dropped! They said, "Look who surprised the Elders today!" I was so happy! It has just been an awesome week. Miracles have happened in these past 10 weeks in Mapayapa. I have suffered many trials here, but now I don't regret any of them. I have seen so many miracles and so many blessings. I am glad I am part of this work! I know that God lives and Jesus is the Christ. I hope for one day that all will receive his Gospel and return to live with our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Anyways fun story, our zone participated in a training activity with the MTC here. We took around new guys who didn't speak Tagalog... yeah ... they were so bad! It made me feel like the smartest kid ever! haha I am way better than the new guys at TAGALOG! YEAH!! haha That is about it...



No comments:

Post a Comment