Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 5, 2013

Anyways this week has been good. We have been teaching a lot of people and really working to get our investigators and our Less Actives progressing. So far we have had a great week. One of our investigators, The Sacoco's, who we thought moved away was actually just on vacation, so we have been working really hard with her for the last like month. She is way ... slow... haha Sister Ann doesn't really remember stuff and listen well. So we really had to work with her really slowly but she finally started getting it! So we got her interviewed this week and next week on August 10 I will be baptizing her and a 8 year old in the family named Carlos! So I am really excited. I am not sure how we were able to pull this baptism of but I am really excited! Anyways, we also have a part member family, The Livelo family, who we have been going for about 3 weeks. They promised us every time that they would go to church. They finally showed up! We were really excited! They came and one of them even bore her testimony! So I am really happy for them. This week was one of those weeks where I saw a lot of reward from my labors. All that walking was worth it! Anyways, I know that this Church is True. I have seen it change peoples lives. I have seen people who were just living together, get married so they can come to the waters of baptism and progress towards becoming an eternal family. I know that this Church is true in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Anyways, I don't really have a funny story... I have one kind of sad one I guess. It is kind of funny but had some bad results. We showed up to the Livelo family and I always love starting out joking and laughing. Our investigator, Sister Likha, had a baptism over her forehead and like practically over her eyes. I asked her why she was wearing that, and I asked are you a gangster? Haha than I started teasing her saying she had a big pimple she was hiding! I kept teasing her... yeah she did not like it and the lesson was awkward, she was really quiet and seemed upset... yeah but it was funny at the time, her family was all laughing! I guess I should watch what I say. Also one more story, I was teaching at a families house, the Balasbas family, and I was sitting on the floor. The mom and her baby were next to me and she was on a chair. In the middle of while I was speaking, the baby who is right next to my FACE!! took a poop in its diaper! I ... didn't like that too much... and I started laughing. Spirit ... GONE! Haha Anyways that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment