Thursday, August 8, 2013

July 9, 2013

Well this week was a lot like the other weeks in Mapayapa. Man we walked a lot. We talked to a lot of people. We got a lot of come back again, or come back next time. So you know progress right? haha. Anyways the work in Mapayapa is a hard one. we are trying to tract down new less actives who might progress and return to church but they have all seem to move away or died. We found this one house with the address painted on perfectly in front the one we were looking for. Haha we knocked and the lady inside told us that the lady we were looking for lives on the other alley. When we asked they said she wasn't there. She lives in the alley we were just at. We went back and she told us, "she probably doesn't want to be taught." I am pretty sure that old lady was the one we were looking for but really didn't want us to talk to her. Man .. I just wanted to call her out! haha Oh well. I have been praying hard for some miracles, I have been thinking a lot about that. God has not ceased to do miracles and I believe it. We found a family though this week, where the Mom has researched just about every Church and says they are all wrong except the LDS faith. We are hoping they will find for themselves that this Church is the one and only true church on this Earth. We only taught them once, but they are SO nice and way receptive.They also keep COMMITMENTS!! that is a Miracle in itself! Anyways also we had a day this week where it seemed like we just "ran" into people. Some guy just walked up asked us, "Is your Church the one with the Golden Tablets?" We said "if you mean the golden plates than yes!" He was way excited and basically told us the story of Joseph Smith than we offered to come back to his house and he said OK! That was fun, we haven't taught him yet so hopefully we see some real progress there! Also as we sat down for a drink the other day, a girl approached us and said, "Hi Elders!" I had no idea who she was but my comp addressed here like he had known her for a long time! Finally I asked her who she was and she said I am inactive, so we asked if we could stop by! She said of course!! So hopefully they have been prepared for us! I don't know if all these moments will be a miracle. But I do believe God is mindful of us. He is watching over us and has prepared us in ways where maybe we don't experience a miraculous healing, or a out of this world experience. We don't see oceans being split open in half, and we don't see stone walls tumble down without reason. I do know this though, God has not yet ceased to be a God of Miracles. Everyday we might not see how small and simple things could end up being one of the greatest miracles of our lives. How small is it that someone came up to us and asked one question, yet if they chose to accept our message, they will be blessed with Eternal Life. I know how important the message I bear is. I know how it can change lives! I walk miles everyday for that one who might be another testimony to mine that miracles do happen. I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment