Thursday, August 8, 2013

June 30, 2013

Well the work here in Mapayapa is really tough. We got a lot of just challenges. First off the Ward only has a little bit of active members. We have just no focus on missionary work from the ward. So it is just the missionaries against the world. Anyways we have decided to take a focus on trying to bring back some inactive members back into the fold. In the worldwide broadcast, they put a emphasis on that. "How can the Lord trust us with new investigators and baptisms, if we can't help the ones that we already have!" So i feel pretty good about this focus right now it is tough though. A lot of people in this ward have passed away or moved away without the Bishop or anyone knowing. So we have a lot of work to do. We are just basically trying to find out where the members of this ward live! There is a ton of list of names here but none of them come! So we walk and we ask people where this address is. There is no real addresses here in the Philippines so we talk to a lot of people and try to share the gospel. It has been very time consuming and tiring, but I am expecting great rewards. We had a guy answer a door of an old members home. He was almost amazed when he saw us and he welcomed us in. We were wondering, why he was so dazed. We asked him if these certain people still lived here he told us, "no, I don't think so."  We asked him if we could come in and share a message. So he said "yes" haha after we shared a quick message, he asked us questions. He had heard of the missionaries from his Mom, and asked if we do this with no pay. We told him "yeah." He said, "my mom told me you guys were servants of the lord and that there should be more people like you." I have no idea why he said that, but he had a lot of respect for us. He was really busy though so it was sad we don't know when we could go back. But he is a really great guy, really Catholic, but it was nice to find someone who could be interested just by us and our willingness to work hard. Anyways I complain a lot about the work. It is hard, but really it is just my way of being happy. I feel the rewards from hard work and I am way excited to see miracles. This Church is True and because it is I know I can't fail as long as I am on the Lord's Errand. Wish me luck!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment