Thursday, August 8, 2013

June 9, 2013

I have finally made it to my new area. It is called MAPAYAPA ... yeah it is way hard to say even for me. It means peace! or something like that! Anyways it is far from peaceful. I live in the most expensive house in the Mission home so that part is nice. The area around our house if full of KOREANS! Yeah I thought there was nothing Korean here, actually there is a lot of Korean stuff right here! Restaurants, markets, other weird Korean schools and Churches! So that is really exciting! I got to eat Kimchi for the first time in 6 months!! It was like a little piece of home!! Anyways I am excited to eat all the food here! Anyways though, my area is on the other side like it seems fenced off to me. Yeah my area is super poor full of squatters. Peoples houses are like ... yeah it is hard to explain! we travel through all these places called escanitas. Which are these really narrow passages and it is like a maze in my area! So crazy! Anyways we teach a lot of Less Actives here. Anyways... the area is really dead, not much help from the ward, and my companion has been here for 6 weeks and he still doesn't know the whole area or even everyone we teach. It is way confusing! Anyways the work is dead too. Basically are goal here now is to revive it! Which takes a lot of hard work and very stressful days of just walking around and trying things. So ... I will probably be complaining a lot soon haha. Anyways, my new companion is Elder Chapman. He is a half Philipino half american. He is way cool though. We get along just fine! Anyways cool stuff this week. The one really cool guy in our ward... because our ward refuses to help us, he is a recent convert! He has a kind of cool story. He found the church because he really likes David Archuleta and through him, and the hymns he sings, he decided to visit our church. Turns out he took the missionary lessons and it clicked in him that this Church is true. So crazy story man! (Mom you should tell David's Grandma about that one!) He is way rich too so he drives us around when he works with us! He also feeds us a ton! So he is a cool guy! Other than that... yeah not much to say. We teach a lot of people with no hope.. and they aren't progressing. So yep! That is my week and my new area! Well I know this Church is True and that is why I still am here sharing the precious gift to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment