Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Edward! July 15, 2013

Anyways, this week was really exciting! I have been praying really hard for some people to be prepared for us. That we would be able to find them. We have been searching a lot this past transfer for more people who are ready to progress. Through our efforts, we found 2 families who showed a lot of interest in coming back to Church. One is the Livelo family! They collect Junk and sell it to the recycling companies! haha Yeah we teach at a Junk Shop!! CRAZY! It is dirty in their, but the spirit resides within our small circle when we teach! They have a daughter who is not baptized yet so we are hoping their daughter find starts progressing. She is 13 and doesn't really listen well haha. Anyways the other family is called the Balasbas family! They really love the Church. They stopped coming because the Church is really far from them and they were financially struggling. Also the father in the family started drinking again. So we are working hard with them, but the youth and the mother are doing willing and ready to come back! Than a Less Active texted us saying she wanted us to come teach her. We came and she was ready. Her testimony was so strong already, and she showed up the church that Sunday when we invited her. Also we have found a old couple who are very interested in learning about our Church. Manuel and his wife... haha They are so awesome! They ask great questions and keep all their commitments! It has just been a great week. This last transfer has been really hard. We walked a ton and I prayed very hard at nights that we would be guided. A lot of the people that we found above were all lead to us. The Livelo family, one of the daughters saw us and told us that she was a member.We were just sitting down from a long walk to get a drink. When we told her we would stop by, she said it would be OK, we were a little reluctant thinking she probably doesn't care and when we showed up they were ready! Sis. Genalyn lived in an address that was impossible to find. Elder Chapman my companion was way confused and he was about to give up. We circled around the area and I remember looking into a small alley and thinking, "go there" My comp kept insisting we keep circling around another way. Finally after a frustrating walk around the whole area I swear! haha he gave up. So I finally rounded back to the first place I was asked to go and asked a Nanay where the address was. She said... it is right here! The person you are looking for is my Granddaughter. The Lord has tried us and chastened me and my companion this transfer. We ... basically walked for 5 weeks. This 6th week though I saw the miracles and the guidance from him. The lord has prepared us all in different ways, and he guides us when the time is right and when he feels we are ready. I believe in a God of Miracles and all these people we found ... It cannot be from mere coincidence. I know this Church is true and this last transfer has been a growing experience. I lost some weight too from walking!! haha! Blessings!! Love them!

P.S. I had a great birthday! haha Here is a sample of what I got .. these pictures are from a different birthday but we had the same food this day and than Me and A Member, Bro Pono, had the same birthday so we celebrated together haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment