Monday, August 11, 2014

August 10, 2014

This week was crazy long! I am doing my 4th transfer in this area... and man oh man.. things seem to just be like the same things everyday. I really miss change right now. But, as for investigators and less actives, we are making some progress. Our real problem right now is getting them to church. We have been pushing so hard, and none of them will do it. We even set it up where we would go pick them up, when we got to their house, they were just sitting around and they told us they were busy! ... I was not happy with that. Salvation is on the line and our investigator did not take us seriously... Anyways the ones we planned to pick up were not are super great receptive ones so we were hoping they would come to church and maybe have a good experience there and want to get serious with the lessons. But we planned, we texted, we stopped by the night before even to confirm.. and than just bam .. flaked. It is frustrating. Anyways.. Patience and Long-suffering, and some gentle persuasion are things I need to still work on I guess.
Anyways we had a cool experience. Part of my mission has been searching for the lost sheep. As we look for the 100's of less actives, we find investigators on the way. It has been way effective, and really cool sometimes. This week, we especially had a good find. We found this family, we probably passed by their house a ton, and they never even seem to notice us. Finally we found their name on our list of members, we searched, we found them, and we taught them. They were so nice, and receptive. They were also a Part-Member family... things could go well. I was way stoked we taught them and good lesson, and I haven 't been this excited in forever! It seems to sometimes when things seem hard, the Lord is always preparing a way to strengthen my faith. I am way stoked teach this family, they already commited to go to church and we will see miracles I hope. This Church is true and this work is true. It is hard, but this transfer I think will have to be a lot of patience and long suffering, with some gentle persuasion!.. the Lord will provide and miracles will be seen. I know this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment