Friday, August 8, 2014

August 3, 2014

This week we had a slow week. Transfers, and just overall the weather slowed us down. Our area is so muddy and my feet are always so wet! haha I am so sick of it! Anyways the rain really seemed effect everyone in my district. We as a district, had a pretty slow week. Anyways, We had some good things happen though. We set out tracting again to find some new people to teach. We had a lot of less actives come to church. Also .. yeah things are just the same ol same ol. Anyways, a lot of things happened this past week and my thoughts were drawn towards the plan of salvation, mostly the sealing power here on this Earth and Families. I have grown a deep understanding of how important that promise is, especially as I read D&C section 2. It is also found in Malachi, of how the hearts of the children will turn to their fathers, and the hearts of the fathers will turn to the children. We need each other in this world, whether this life or the next. Salvation lies within the family, generations of generations. I think when the Lord planned the world and in it he created a place for us, to live and to be happy. But also to keep that happiness for the next life. Joseph Smith mentions in D&C .. I can't remember what section 128 I think how we need each other to obtain salvation. How important is it now than that we live as eternal families in the faith. How important is it that we stay faithful to our covenants. Even more now, as I am tracting and looking for investigators, how important is it that we search for families. Help them receive eternal and everlasting covenants and to create a heritage of faithful members who will support one another in the eternities. Even more now.. the work of the dead how many of our relatives need us to finish their work here on this Earth. I just want to leave my testimony that Families are Forever. I know that the Plan of Salvation is centered on families, and a loving perfect God has given us families to be happy. Let us all be faithful to our covenants as a family, and help others to receive the true blessings from families.

No comments:

Post a Comment