Friday, August 8, 2014

June 22, 2014

This week was super good. A new transfer and companion can really spark the work. I am still in my area, but I have a new companion his name is Elder McKinney. He is pretty swell kid.. he is pretty new but gives me more motivation show him how good missionary work can be. I have felt like our work in our area has been going really slow. I think my last companion and I got kind of comfortable and that can be in turn kind of a hindrance, blinding you from what is out there. I decided with my new companion, we have things to do. It won't be easy, but we need to get out there and flip the table. We have to find more and teach more, we are too comfortable where we are at, and we aren't progressing! So we did, we dropped some of our non-progressing and we went hard in finding. We set goals, prayerfully went out with faith, and Heavenly Father provided a way. It seems to me that sometimes we are so preoccupied, going around the routine of things, especially in missionary work, we forget about Heavenly Father himself. Faith is a principle that I have been seeing in so many new ways. It isn't just wind, we can feel, but not see. We don't just blindly follow. But it is surety, it is hope, it is charity. Moroni gives a good description on it. I have been pondering a lot on the scripture, and I don't have my scriptures so it is not completely correct. But it says, "And Christ hath said if he have faith in me, ye shall have power to do whatsoever is expedient in me." Does it really mean we can do whatever? No, but we can do whatever he needs us to do. I think as members, as children of God .. we need to have that faith! Sometimes I think we are so busy in the motions that we truly miss the faith in things. Let us all have faith and do what we need to, not by routine, but by action, by prayer, and by obedience. I know that we will be blessed as we act in faith and do the things the Lord has asked us to do and expects too. I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment