Monday, August 18, 2014

August 17, 2014

The work is GOING GOOD! We finally finally finally finally!! Pushed SOO hard and we got 3 investigators to come to church!! WE WIN! haha Not yet, but we made so significant progress with that first step of coming to church. So .. YEAH! This week we also had the privilege to have my 3rd mission tour!!! Elder Bowen from the 70 came and spoke to us. He is truly an inspirational speaker. I have changed my mission and my life because of what he told me! One of the things I enjoyed was he was just going hard on us over obedience. He gave us a formula, obedience+faith/work=miracles. He explained this thing, which in a way I knew that, but he took it further! He began to ask us questions on how obedient we were, if any of us were hesitant he asked, "where is the power in that?" When he asked how many of you wake up on time, and we had to think about it, no power, our obedience was powerless. How many of us get out on time everyday, again a hesitation.. no power. I decided, how can we as set apart ministers be so powerless. When we are asked if we are obedient and we say "I try" how weak. The second was he asked how many of us work with faith. He asked how many lessons we teach, we told him average 15 to 20. He said, well double it. You are walking with people everyday, you should at least have 50 contacts a day. Harsh to hear, but true. Were we not commanded to raise our voice as a trump, yet we walk and show nobody that we are willing to stop them for 5 minutes and faithfully invite them to the gospel. Our mission was changed. We were given invited to be powerful ministers through obedience, and with faith and hard work raise our voice to all people, expecting our results to be double, which is a miracle. I have been so uplifted, that is a leader of our church and I support him. I think I have been at fault for murmuring and lacking in some ways in the close of my mission saying, Am I not doing a good job? Am I not doing work? But the fact is I have precious time to serve the Lord, and now is not the time to be weak. We went out and we saw a Miracle this week, I hope as we go out this next week we will see more. I leave this in the name of Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment