Friday, August 8, 2014

June 16, 2014

We had a great week! It was a week of a lot of things to do. We had district meeting, transfers, exchanges, and family home evenings/firesides.What a crazy week. It hasn't been raining too much, its really nice to be in this area. We have transfer announcements, I will be getting a new companion next week. His name is Elder Mckinny.. or something like that. Elder Crabb will be leaving its pretty sad. We had fun. But life must move on. Anyways, its crazy.. I'm on my last 4 transfers.. wow! Anyways this week I have been really thinking about what my Ward needs. What is it that can make them better, they are great, but how can we improve. We seem to have such a small number who seem to be coming weekly, though they are not considered less active, are they truly active? I have had the impression that everyone as members could step up their faithfulness unto the lord. I have been trying to finish all standard works.. the Old Testament.. seems like fairy tales to me haha. But something I was interested in was how the Lord chastened the Israelite. He had things, like giving them manna, that required daily faith and obedience. Most members, not just here, but in the whole world seem to forget their daily manna. Daily Scripture Study, Prayer, week Church attendance. Do we also not need our daily bread? Elder Christiansen gave a talk on this, on Mormon messages, and I am truly inspired by his words. I think we need to become strong in the Gospel, and do those little daily things that make us stronger. I know this Church is true, and we as members need to act as though it is true. I leave this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Anyways, we had a lot of dinners.. I am so fat... curse transfer week! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment