Saturday, May 31, 2014

April 27, 2014



Anyways this week was awesome. We were able to get a lot done and we got a baptism. We baptized two of the most smart and well behaved kids I have ever met. Their names are Markhenzie and Christine. They are so fun to teach. Even better is that their Step-dad is our investigator and he is progressing super well. He used to not be super interested, but the Book of Mormon changed it all. Anyways, it has been so long since I have had a baptism it was a huge relief. Anyways, I was kind of thinking a lot about the early saints. I just finished the Doctrine and Covenants for the first time. It is really obvious to me more now than ever that our Church is truly led by Jesus Christ himself. He uses his prophets here on the Earth to keep us in the right path. This story has like a couple of sub plots so kind of try to keep up. We were led to these people and it is just peculiar of how it happened. We met a less active named Dexter, he owns a t-shirt store in our area. He was nice, but we didn't think much about it. A week later we meet him at the bus stop with his girlfriend. Nothing strange we thought she was a member. As we reviewed somethings in the teach record, we found that they were taught, and that the sister had needed to be baptized still. We went the next day! They explained their situation, they are really good people, she is so spiritually mature and he is a RM. They are dating, and they do interact in any way against the commandment, except for the fact that they live in the same house, different rooms everything, just same house. I found myself saying to myself.. what is wrong with that? But isn't that what the Apostles and Prophets gave us a great advice and guidance about that. God doesn't change his ways, and no matter what our opinion may be, our ways are not her ways. We were led to her, she saw us in a dream, which is kind of super creepy cool. She told us she saw two Americans, they told her she needed to come back to church and get baptized. We eventually showed up and did just that. I learned many things and also gained a greater faith in Christ. We cannot change his ways, no matter how innocent the situation, they need to find a way to fit the Lords way. They need to bring their lives into harmony with the commandments. In no other way can they recieve those blessings, and in no other way can they be saved, for the sister who is not baptized. I am happy we have living prophets who guide us and lead us in our lives. My thoughts were wrong and I found that out, but we must meet the requirements for salvation. I know this Church is True and we are led by the living Christ. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment