Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 5, 2014

Anyways mom, this week was a good week. There were a lot of suprises. first of was I was called a District Leader, I thought because I was getting a little old in the mission, President would pass me up, I was wrong. We also had just a lot of success. The kid's we baptized, their family is not complete yet. We are now working on their step dad. He is the coolest investigator though. Ever since he started reading the Book of Mormon he has just converted himself. We have been talking to him more detailed and more carefully about the Gospel, he truly has been prepared by the Lord. The only problem now is getting him to commit to a baptismal date, he just wants to take it slow, but we are Missionaries, the souls that God needs to be prepared to receive eternal salvation must be ready .. immediately. I wonder if that is selfish of me .. I really want to see him get baptized though, and make sure he gets there step by step! He is great guy. I truly have a testimony in the power of the Book of Mormon though, it truly changes peoples lives and thoughts. It humbles even the most intelligent of people to believe that Jesus is the Christ. We also found another investigator who we are excited to teach. We decided to just go through the 1st lesson with this 15 year old, he is from a different province so he isn't perfect in Tagalog. Needless to say the Spirit was really in this lesson, after struggling through the lesson, my companion who one was not keeping up with the Tagalog, me who wasn't too sure if he was understanding my think american accent Tagalog, and our ward missionary leader. We weren't sure what he understood, he is a brother of a returning member, and he answered all our questions. In the end we invited immediately to be baptized, he was way excited and he accepted! That was a crazy day, it just seemed so fast! Besides that, we also had a very crazy lesson, we went to a house, and as we were teaching .. a swarm of crazy swarming flying bugs came into the house .. it was crazy they were flying in our ears, nose, hair, everything... needless to say.. i didn't finish the lesson. haha! We ran our of their, .. that is embarrassing! Needless to say, the Church is true and I am happy to be a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment