Saturday, May 31, 2014

February 24, 2014

Anyways this week was good! and kind of bad. We taught a lot of lessons this week. I am just pushing myself really hard this transfer to leave the area as good as possible. Because if my companion gets left here ... yeah ... it needs to be good. Anyways, we really have been searching for some better investigators. Most of the ones we have been teaching.. really never have time and never want to act on the message. So we have been tracting. We have a lot of follow-up appointments, but they always fall through and so I hope this week we find some good new investigators. Anyways, Our investigator Joaquin who is supposed to get baptized March 8 has hit his first real concern.H is at a very critical point in his conversion. He kind of just got hit way hard with excitement about his Baptism from us and the ward and he kind of realized he needed to really commit. He cried in front of the Elders Quorum saying he is thankful for all of them, but he is not sure what he is going to do. He told us not to come see him for a week, this week he said he would pray and find out what God would have him do. Join our Church, or stay a Born Again Christian... I am nervous... i am so sad too. He cried telling me. I love this guy so much! I have only taught him for 3 weeks, but that is the Gospel. It makes you love the people no matter what! Anyways I am praying and fasting for this man, I have done many good things here in my 3rd area, but this is the one thing. I really want. It hasn't been a easy ride for me in Caloocan, and I just .. I have never felt so strongly that someone needed this Gospel more than Joaquin. I know he would be such a big help to the Ward and this would solidify his faith in Christ forever. I know this Church is true and I know he is going to make the right choice. Whether it be now or later, his testimony is there, but he just feels bad leaving his other friends in his old church, but a testimony is something he has. So this next week is going to be one of the craziest weeks of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment