Saturday, May 31, 2014

January 22, 2014

Hmmm ... where to start.. This week was about the faith to find! So we decided that most of our investigators we have been working with are just not progressing and .. honestly most of them won't even give us the light of day. Also our less actives are just about the same way. So me and my companion are just DONE! We want new people who want to progress and we want them now. So we really thought about who we should teach, focus on, and who we should maybe give some time too. So that really hit our schedule hard. There were some days where all we did the whole day was tract and look for inactive members. To be honest, it was long and hard. Finding an address in the Philippines is like throwing a needle in a haystack. It is impossible! But we found some. They were either dead or moved out haha. Also all our tracting efforts had no outcome... yet. Overall we had a good week in the sense we worked and worked and worked. I think Heavenly Father is satisfied. We are tired and I have never felt like I couldn't walk one more step before, but we keep going! You know before I leave I am determined to make this a good area! Anyways, we had the chance to teach one of our investigators who, we thought just didn't care for us. It turns out that she has a testimony of the restored gospel but what is holding her back is church. She told us that people take church to lightly, kind of like a social gathering and not a time to worship God and remember him. It kind of touched me that what she said had some truth to it. I told her Sister you are right, and we want to fix that too. I remember a talk I read once about how we are losing our sense of sacred things. Too many times we really overlook how sacred scriptures are, church, prayer, all these things really are. I think every member can one way or another say they may overlook these things. I realized this week that I am truly lucky to have gained a testimony in the restored gospel. I am truly lucky that I know my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I am truly lucky to have scriptures from prophets that teach me truth. Because I am truly lucky, maybe I can show it more too. I hope for a greater love for these things and I hope that all members will also show it too, especially in this case because we have no idea who is watching. I just want to leave this thought in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment