Saturday, May 31, 2014

January 26, 2014

This week was good. We have been just searching and searching and searching. All our less actives and investigators we are working with always just seem sooo busy that in 1 week we teach them maybe 2 times. So we are really looking for some new places to go. We have been looking through the ward records and finding people. Addresses in the Philippines is way unreliable they are either incomplete or inaccurate so we sometimes search for 1 house for hours. But the Lord has really strengthened us and we found a lot of the houses. Sadly, most of them are dead or have moved out. We were able to find through our searching a sister of one of the less actives. Her name is Sherna and she was really nice and hopefully we can rescue her! Besides that, we found other ones... who were ... a bit hard hearted. This was probably the 3rd time somebody yelled at me on my mission. I understood everything this inactive that we found told me and I hope she knows she is lucky I am trying to be more christlike! Haha Anyways are tracting efforts are slow. I came to know that all the big houses in our area that we thought are houses are actually factories and warehouses. But like sometimes they look like houses and people answer the door like its a house... so yeah ... that was a bit awkward! Anyways we had a fun experience this week to. Me and my comp were walking in a market! Some guy stopped us and asked us if we were Mormon. We said yes, than he asked us where our church was so we told him and than we introduced ourselves. Yep this guy ... was an active members but he just had the worst questions cause we totally thought he was some sort of golden investigator. So yeah whatever! but right after we took a right turn, and some lady called out to us. We almost ignored her because it happens all the time and we thought she was just trying to sell us stuff. Turns out though as she talked she said she remembers missionaries like us when she was a young girl. They gave her a pamphlet and she liked it. So she wants us to come teach her. Yep what a coincidence right? Crazy! The Lord is always helping and preparing people! Anyways it was good week, I guess in a way ... I lost sight of what I should really be thankful for. The little things. 

Just celebrating my 1 year in the field... Korean food! and Looking good! MOM! and my gross area!




No comments:

Post a Comment