Saturday, May 31, 2014

March 17, 2014

This week was good too. Last week, I thought I might just kind of try and coast, and as I was kind of getting into a comfort zone, we were reminded in a training meeting about the parable of the talents. Each servant was given their own talent from the master. This can be represented as my area, and the master gave them time to work and multiply their talents. There was one who didn't do anything with his talent and thus was titled the slothful servant. I thought to myself, "How many times have I been the slothful servant?" I began to think, maybe the Lord is not well pleased with me right now with my attitude. Kind of the same about how I feel about the attitude of my companion. My studies have really put me a little further too, especially in Doctrine and Covenants."For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;" This part in D&C 4 really hit me. I need to thrust in my sickle with all my might, which in turn helps me to gain my salvation. This week really gave me a new perspective on my mission. Time is precious, and not to be wasted. This area has been kicking my butt, my investigator who we were going to baptized, just kind of disapperaed, I haven't been able to get a hold of him or to really talk to him. He didn't come to church like he said either. We have gone through so many different investigators, and none are really making steps to progress. We don't really have many Less Actives who care, and our area just really doesn't have active members. It has been easy to get discouraged but this week I decided I am gonna give it a last kick maybe before I get transferred. I knew the Lord had given me the motivation and I hit the pavement hard. Talking to everyone trying to just find anyone who would listen and in the end we were able to find 4 new investigators. I don't know if they will progress, but it doesn't matter anymore, I am going to give it my all to not waste my time and proclaim this gospel to everyone. I can't get discouraged no matter how hard my circumstances, People need to know. This gospel is true, and this church is true, and without it they cannot live with God again. It is that important, and I cannot get into my comfort zone. It really was an inspiring week this week. I really want to carry it on too, for the rest of my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment