Saturday, May 31, 2014

April 8, 2014

This week was a pretty fun week. We are getting slower with our work, because we decided we could spend more time finding more progressing people than the ones we were teaching. We especially are struggling in the investigator department because we are just teaching 2 kids whose parents were less active but now are coming back! So .. we want to find those really quality good investigators that will really just help the ward and make Heavenly Father so happy to have them back in the fold. Not that he isn't happy when everyone is in, but you know what I am saying. Anyways We have been tracting and opening our mouths and we haven't seen huge progress yet so that is yet to come. Anyways I had an interesting week. We were invited to a Family Home Evening, this family was great. They were so nice and it was fun. I had previously met the sister because I bought some pearls from her, and she LOVES Koreans because she is a English Teacher to Koreans. So yeah while we were at this Family Home Evening, she was working periodically to talk to these Koreans and she kept having me come talk to them. Most of them were kids, but there was one particular one who was a dentist I guess. I definitely called her "Uni" which was a term younger sisters use to their older sisters. I also definitely was very disrespectful to her because I don't know how to speak proper Korean and that is kind of offensive. But, I got out the bare details, I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I wanted her to know that she could meet with the missionaries and learn about English and more importantly about Jesus Christ. I was unable to get her address or even explain how the heck I could ever get her to the church.. which made me feel so weak! haha But it doesn't matter, hopefully her life was affected and how knows maybe the missionaries will show up at her dentist office. All I know was is 2 things, now matter where you are or how you can share the gospel. This member decided it was perfect that even though she was thousands of miles away she could talk about the Church to her students, and more importantly, get a missionary who could barely speak Korean to talk more about it. Which.. maybe didn't help. The second was that no matter what God has promised all that if we do all we can he will do the rest. I was made a promise that I would not know the effects of my mission on others, but many will come in the next life to thank me for having given my service. Maybe a Korean will come say Hi to me.... I probably still won't understand her haha. Anyways I know this Church is True and we gotta get the word out. This week was fun and I hope everyone had a great conference, I haven't watched it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment